Hello Allen Families and Staff,
Here are two friendly reminders for you.
Free COVID-19 Testing for Staff and Students
A friendly reminder that on certain Tuesdays, COVID-19 community testing is available for all students and staff on a voluntary basis. You will not need to make an appointment for testing at our school. Our school will provide on-demand testing, which means that we are accepting “walk-ins”—no appointments are necessary. Here is important information on the CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program:
· Testing will occur in front of Daly Academy on the following Tuesdays: April 20, May 4, May 18, and June 1.
· On these days, testing will occur from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM, with no testing for an hour in the middle of the day (around noon) due to staff lunch times.
· If your student is experiencing symptoms, we highly recommend getting a PCR test at a free County facility or with a medical provider, and not reporting to the school for the antigen test. Unfortunately, the antigen tests used by CVESD cannot be used for return to work or school, per the County’s Symptom Decision Tree. The antigen testing program is for surveillance purposes, in order to quickly determine if individuals are positive and remove such individuals and their close contacts from campus as soon as possible. Contact our school health office for more information or discuss your child’s symptoms.
· At this time, we can only test staff and CVESD students. No family members are able test at this time.
· You do not need to be with your child in order for your child to test under our program; however, if your child walks up to the testing location, we will not be able to test them unless you have signed the on-line consent form at the link you are provided. We highly recommend that you accompany your child to the testing location. A reminder that testing for all staff and students is 100% voluntary and optional. We will not provide a COVID-19 test for a child without parental permission and consent.
· Links that are sent to you are personalized for your specific student and shouldn’t be shared with others.
· If you have trouble registering/providing consent for your child through the link, please call the district office at (619) 425-9600 and speak to Sherry Stone at ext. 1327 or Theresa Fletcher at ext. 1027 or visit the testing staff on-site at our school and they will be able to help register and test your child during your visit.
· Because we are not taking appointments, we know there will be long lines before and after school. Please take this into account when planning the time have your child tested. Please be patient with the testing team and listen carefully to their instructions.
CVESD LIVE EVENT ON FRIDAY at 12 noon
We also want to invite you to join our District’s next live weekly event, Building a Drip Irrigation System, led by our teacher at the Hydro Station, Mrs. Bystrak. In this session, students will take on the role of a landscape architect as they determine the needs of plants and then create their very own model of a drip irrigation system! Finally, they will be able to participate in a live Kahoot! game to show what they have learned.
Once again, the event is designed to be for all ages and is open to the public. It will begin at our new time, 12 PM, and will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform. Spanish translation of the English event will also be available.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Link for the event in English: http://bit.ly/hsdripirrigation
Haz clik aqui para español: http://bit.ly/hsriegoxgoteo
If you were not able to join us for our last event, Go Green! Building a Sprout House with Mrs. Hughes, a recording of it can be found here on our YouTube channel.