Please use this page to learn about opportunities to participate in your child’s education.
To download the Parent Handbook, Parent Handbook Allen 16-17
Parent involvement and participation are vital to student success. Parents participate in our school by getting involved in our School Site Council (SSC), attending the English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) meetings, and volunteering through our Parent Teacher Organization (PTC). Parents are invited to participate in classroom activities, field trips, programs, and assemblies.
Stay informed. We encourage communication in many ways:
- Teachers maintain ongoing communication with parents through progress reports, phone calls, emails, Class Dojo, and conferences.
- School events are published on the website front page and on the school marquee.
- Principal communicates through phone calls via School Messenger and updates to this blog.
- School Site Council meetings are open to the public. Public communication at meetings is always on the SSC agenda.
- ELAC meetings focus on providing parents of English language learners with school program’s background knowledge and opportunities for them to serve as an advisory forum to the principal and the SSC.
- Our school’s PTC provides a quarterly newsletter and holds General Membership meetings during most PTC organized school events.
- The YMCA’s Dynamic After School Hours (DASH) program, provides physically interactive after school activities to enrolled students until 5:00 pm each school day, except Minimum Days which are until 4:30 pm.
We welcome volunteers and are continually seeking Educational Partnerships with businesses and organizations in our community. Please call 479-3662 if you wish to become involved in school activities. Spanish translation is available.
This section under construction…come back soon!