Hi Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday information for the week of December 10th through December 14th.
- Thank you to Elizabeth Hoffman and her family for representing Allen School so well at last Wednesday’s Board Meeting. She was able to share a little bit about what she loves at Allen School in front of a pretty big audience. Great job, Elizabeth!
- There will be a kickball game at Allen this Wednesday at 4:00. Come on out and root for the Eagles!
- The Glow Party for those who qualified from the fundraiser will be this Wednesday at 9:45 in the auditorium.
- There is a School Site Council Meeting this Thursday at 3:30 in either Room 404 or 405 (that will be confirmed next week). This is an open and public meeting.
- Basketball tryouts for 4th-6th graders from 3:30-4:30 on Thursday and 2:30-3:30 Friday. Please make sure to have your signed form turned into Ms. Farlow.
- We are starting to calculate the best attendance for one primary class and one upper grade class…we wonder who it may be. The ones so far will be revealed at the Monday Morning Meet Up….but that can always change!!
Well, that is it for now. Have a great rest of the day and I will see you bright and early at the Monday Morning Meet Up at 8:50.
Hi Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday Information for December 2nd, 2018.
Our first and second grade students had an opportunity last week to attend the play “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” at the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park. First, I want to say thank you to Ms. Farlow and Ms. Gilman, our VAPA teachers, for getting the grant for our students to experience a day at the theater. Additionally, I am so proud to hear that our Eagles were a great and polite audience!
There are a few events coming up that I would like to invite you all to attend:
- One of our Student Council Officers will be speaking at the Board of Education Meeting on behalf of Allen School during our Cohort of Schools Board Report. It will be on December 5th at 6:00 at the Board Room at the district office on 84 E. J Street.
- There is a kickball game on Wednesday at 4:00 at Parkview Elementary School. Go Eagles!
- Our School Site Council meeting had been changed to next Thursday, December 13th at 3:30 in Room 405. This is an open and public meeting.
Finally, I want to give a big thank you to Mrs. Rechif and Mrs. McConkey for coordinating our families and Safety Patrol members to be part of the Chula Vista Starlight Parade this past weekend. It’s wonderful to have opportunities to come together!
Well, that is it for now. See you bright and early at our Meet Up Monday at 8:50.
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday information for November 25, 2018.
- Allen Elementary School hopes you had a wonderful week off and a wonderful time with family and friends on Thanksgiving!
- We are full of gratitude for all the food donations our Eagles contributed to make sure our local families have what they needed for a great Thanksgiving. I believe will be starting a toy drive shortly, so we will keep you posted on that.
- Don’t forget to sign up to be part of Allen Elementary’s Polar Express theme “float” during the Chula Vista Starlight Parade on Saturday, December 1st. See the front office or Mrs. Rechif for more information. ALL are welcome!! Let’s show them how the small, yet mighty, Allen School celebrates winter!
- We have an Eagles home kickball game on Wednesday November 28th at 4:00. Come on out a support our Eagles. Thank you, Ms. Farlow for making this happen!
Well, that’s it for now. See you bright and early for our Monday Morning Meet Up at 8:50.
Happy Thanksgiving to all Allen Eagles!
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday information for November 11, 2018
I would like to say thank you to all our Veterans past and present for your service as we observe this Veterans’ Day. As I reflect on this day each year, these words of John F. Kennedy come to mind, “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” Please take the time to show Veterans our gratitude today and every day.
- There is no school tomorrow November 12th in observance of Veterans Day. School resumes with a regular day on November 13th.
- Student Council has teamed with the Chula Vista Elementary School District to support a canned food drive. We only have a few days to collect as much canned and bagged food that we can. The food will help families in our own community. Please bring food into the office.
- Mrs. Rechif has entered Allen School in the Chula Vista Starlight Parade, so mark your calendars for December 1st. The theme will be Polar Express and students and families will wear their pajamas. More information will come out soon.
- The Allen Eagle Kickball Team will play Muraoka Elementary at 4:00 this Wednesday. Go Eagles!
Well, that is it for now. See you bright and early on Tuesday at our Meet Up.
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday information for November 4, 2018
- We want to give a big thank you to our Law Enforcement family members who came out on our Safety Day. It was such a fun and memorable event! We love when our “village” comes together on behalf of our students. I think the coolest thing is we had a parent who also is in law enforcement or service represented at each one of our stations. We appreciate you and the work you do to support our community. What was super exciting is sending 125 stuffed animals that you donated in the Children’s Hospital Emergency Transport helicopter to deliver to Children’s Hospital.
- Voting Polls are here on Tuesday, November 6th. If you would like to be a volunteer that day to help show a strong adult presence, please let me know tomorrow. Any time during the school day would work for us!
- The yearly Federal Survey Forms will be coming home on Monday. Please complete the form and send it back to school immediately.
- Finally, Student Council will help support a Canned Food Drive on behalf of our school district. Food collected will help families in our community that may need some assistance during the holidays. Please look for more information coming soon.
Well, that is it for now. See you bright and early for our Monday Morning Meet up at 8:50.
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday Night information for October 28, 2018.
- We want to give a big thank you to the Harvest Ball Team for putting on another fun-filled evening on Friday for the Allen School Community. These events provide an opportunity for our families to come together for something fun, so THANK YOU!
- Monday is the last day of our Teddy Bear Drive, so don’t forget to drop one off in the office. Remember the teddy bears will be a source of comfort for a child. We have had students here at Allen who have been given a furry friend during a stressful ambulance ride and they tell us it makes all the difference.
- Safety Day is Wednesday, October 31st. Remember, we are not wearing costumes this day, but lots of fun stuff will happen. We have safety agencies here to share information and show you their cool gear and Rady’s Children’s Hospital will fly in to pick up those teddy bears!
- Art is still in the community. Don’t forget to check it out at Donny’s Café, Bonita Library, and the Chula Vista Mall!
- Finally, Family First Friday meeting is this Friday. Grab some barista coffee and hear some information about our targeted instructional area for student learning. It begins at 8:15 and I will share information at 9:00.
Well, that is it for now. See you bright and early at our Meet Up Monday on the playground at 8:50 sharp.
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday information for October 21, 2018.
- The Teddy Bear Drive for Rady’s Children’s Hospital continues through October 29. As a reminder all teddy bears can be dropped off in the office. They will be donated to make sure every child who is picked up by an ambulance and taken to Rady’s has a furry friend to comfort them. We will be giving them to a staff member from Rady’s Children’s hospital on October 31st.
- Allen’s Safety Day is October 31st. We will have various members of the safety community such as Chula Vista Police Department, Department of Border Protection, and many others. As a tradition, we do not dress up in Halloween costumes on October 31st at school. We dress up in costumes and go all out during our Harvest Ball. Speaking of which…
- The Harvest Ball is on Friday, October 26th . Wristband sales begin on Monday before and after school. Please make sure to sign up on the Sign-Up Genius for a 30 minute slot to support our Harvest Ball. You can continue to donate candy for Trick-or-Treating or store-bought cookies, cakes and cupcakes in the office up until the event.
- Allen’s kickball team will play here at Allen School on Wednesday at 4:00 vs. The Tiffany Tigers. Please come on out and support our Eagles!
- Families, please remember to look for Allen Artwork around the Community. You can find examples at Chula Vista Center Mall, Donny’s Café, and the Bonita Library. Of course, we have great examples in the office and the auditorium!
- Finally, November 2nd, next Friday, is our next Family First Friday with our coffee barista, Daniel’s Coffee. Grab a cup, chat with other parents, and listen to my short presentation about Allen’s Targeted Instructional Area and our plan to get our Eagles to continue to learn and grow. If you don’t drink coffee, that’s ok, we want you here anyway!
Well, that’s it for now. See you bright and early for our Meet Up Monday on the playground at 8:50.
Allen School is producing amazing artists. Some of artwork is now on display around the community. You can see beautiful examples at Chula Vista Center Mall (between Macy’s and Burlington), Donny’s Cafe, and the Bonita Library. !Viva El Arte!
Hello Eagles, Ms. Garcia here with your Sunday Information.
- Our Teddy Bear Drive begins tomorrow. All teddy bears collected will be donated to Rady’s Children’s Hospital so that every child who is picked up in an ambulance will have a furry friend to comfort them. Please bring them into the office now through Monday, October 29th. We will be giving them to staff members from Rady’s Children’s Hospital at our Safety Day on October 31st.
- Allen’s kickball team will be at Clearview on Wednesday at 4:00. Please come out and support our team.
- It’s that time of year again! Get ready for the Harvest Ball coming up on Friday 10/26!
- This week, we can accept any candy donations at the office for the event, and next week any donations for the cake walk…they must be store bought cookies, cakes, and cupcakes.
- Admission is free and unlimited wrist bands for all the games will go on sale starting 10/22.
- Don’t forget to sign up to volunteer! Even 30 minutes will help out. Look for the sign-up genius being sent on via e-mail. It takes all of us to make wonderful things happen. We are grateful for your support!
- Last year over 500 people attended so don’t miss it, because it’s going to be a lot of fun!
- Finally, we have a School Site Council Meeting Thursday at 3:30 in Room 405. This is an open and public meeting.
Well, that is it for now. See you bright and early on for our Monday Morning Meet Up on the playground.