Here are some upcoming events for Allen School!
- Student Council is sponsoring a Spirit Week in conjunction with Red Ribbon Week from October 24th though October 27th.
- Monday 10/24: Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday 10/25: Mix-Match Day
- Wednesday 10/26: Pajama Day
- Thursday: Wear RED Day
- Friday: Sports Jersey Day
- Harvest Ball on Friday 10/28 from 5:00 to 8:30. Admission is free! All children under 18 must be supervised by parent or adult.
- Election Day, November 8th. Our school is a polling place, so please take extra time that day for drop off and pick up.
- Cohort of Schools Board Report (Allen, Daly Academy, CVLCC, Loma Verde, Hedenkamp, Camarena). Join us as our schools report our work, success, and next steps to the Board of Education. Students from each of our schools will deliver the report to the board. November 16th 6:00 PM in the Board Room at Chula Vista Elementary School District Office on 84 E. J Street.
- Family learning opportunity with students in Grades 2-6: Engage Families with Achieve 3000 Solutions. November 29th. 8:00-9:00 AM in auditorium.
Can’t wait to see you at each event!
Hello Allen Families!
Starting this Thursday, September 8th are minimum days for parent/teacher conferences. Students will be released early. Minimum Days will run from September 8th through September 16th. If you have not done so yet, please schedule a conference with your child(ren)’s teacher.
During this conference, you will be reviewing your child’s report card and discussing progress. One really important thing to note is the Chula Vista Elementary School District report card is a standards-based report card aligned with the California Content Standards. Teachers give students Performance Levels related to how students are progressing toward the end-of-the year standard. These are the Performance Levels to look for…
- 4- Exceeds mastery of standards: This indicates that the student is consistently performing beyond the end-of-the year grade level standard and demonstrates deep understanding.
- 3- Proficient mastery of standards: This indicates that students can demonstrate understanding of the end-of-the year standard. This is what we are looking for at the end of the year.
- 2-Progressing toward mastery of standards: This indicates the student is learning the standard and is progressing toward the end-of-the year standard.
- 1-Minimal mastery of standards: This indicates that the students may have a basic understanding of end-of-the year standard and may need some additional classroom support to progress. Teachers often will work with students in a small group to make sure students are understanding the concepts needed to continue to grow.
It is important to note that these Performance Levels do not have a direct correlation to a traditional grading system of letter grades A, B, C, D, and F. This report cards focuses in on growth of students understanding and mastery of a given standard throughout the year. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your child(ren)’s teacher! Since we are talking about asking questions, here are some good ones to ask during your conference…
- What are the strengths of my child in academics? What are some challenges?
- Does my child participate in class?
- How does my child collaborate in class with other students?
- What seems to be the best way they learn?
- What can I do to help?
Well, that is it for now! Don’t forget to thank the teacher for their time and commitment. Make sure to keep in touch with the teacher all year long, because….Allen Eagles, together we are strong!!
My apologies for the mix up on some important dates. Please note to following…
Tuesday, August 16: SSC Meeting 2:45-3:45 (Previously scheduled for August 9th from 3:30-4:30) Room 405
Thursday, August 18th: Volunteer Orientation in Auditorium at 9:15 (I previously stated August 10th)
Friday, August 19th: 80’s Dance in Auditorium from 5:00-7:30 ( I previously stated August 12th.)
My apologies for the errors. Don’t forget to M=mark your calendars!
Please join us tomorrow, August 10th from 9:15 to 10:15 in the auditorium for a GATE Parent Meeting. This is an informational and advisory meeting for parents of GATE students in grades 4th through 6th.
Please join us on Wednesday, August 3rd from 5:00-6:30 for Curriculum Night. This is a great opportunity for families to understand our classrooms and Allen’s learning environment. Before going to visit your child’s classroom, there will be a general meeting in the auditorium at 5:00. At 5:15, families will be invited to visit their child’s classroom to learn about California Content Standards, curriculum, and other important information about the class. At 5:45, that will be the conclusion of the first teachers’ presentation and there will be an opportunity to see the presentation in another classroom if you happen to have more than one student at Allen. We look forward to seeing you!
Please disregard the date stated in the Sunday All-Call for 7/24/16. I stated the date for Curriculum Night was August 5th. That is an error. The date is August 3rd. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks! Ms. Garcia
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year. School starts on Wednesday, July 20th. We will start off this new year with an all-school assembly on the playground. After checking out your class list and teacher, check the letter that corresponds with your classroom number. That is the letter you will line up on all year. Don’t forget it is a minimum day so Kindergarten through 3rd grade is released at 1:40 and 4th through 6th grade is released at 2:00. Just a few things to note:
- Traffic and parking will be very challenging. Please plan ahead and allow for plenty of time to drive and park.
- Please use all designated crosswalks on the street AND in the Daly Academy parking lot.
- Be a kind and courteous driver.
- We will have a few staff members with class lists available outside of the office to direct you to classes and the playground on Wednesday.
- Sunday Night All Call archives are available on this blog site under the “All Call” tab just in case you didn’t answer the call or did not get the voicemail.
- If you have not done residency yet, please make sure to do that as soon as possible. Wednesday will be incredibly busy in the office, so please complete residency before then.
See you on Wednesday! Enjoy these last few days of summer.
Hello Allen Families,
We still have over 70 families that need to do the yearly mandated Verification of Residency. With that said, we are opening another opportunity to complete this process. We will be available from 7:30am to 1:30pm tomorrow, Friday, July 8. Please remember, this process must be completed before your child can begin school on July 20.
A sample of the bills you can use has been sent via email blast. If you have any questions, please call the office first when they open at 7:30am tomorrow morning. The bill must have a date of May 22 or later, this includes a due date. We will also be updating your emergency contact information as well as health information for your child. Please come directly to the school office to take care of this paperwork.
For those of you who live with another family…the person on the bill must come with you to complete the, Verification of Residency. They will have two forms to sign as well as us taking a copy of parent ID and their ID.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow! Thank you.
We are delighted to be able to get this blog site up and running again for the 2016-2017 school year. We are sure you have visited this site and found the information very outdated. Thankfully, it will be updated weekly so you can access any information you may need for a successful school year. As the school year progresses, there may be changes to the site to help you better navigate the fantastic place known as Allen Elementary School. In the meantime, the schedules, staff, calendar sections, and more have been updated for your convenience. We are looking forward to an amazing year because…together, we are strong!
It is so exciting to see the official Allen Elementary School website up and running. Kudos to our new principal Mrs. Garcia for regularly updating and maintaining this site. You can visit the Chula Vista Elementary School District’s sponsored school website at http://schools.cvesd.org/schools/allen/Pages/default.aspx#.VAYTnyS7kaw.
Here are some of the upcoming events Mrs. Garcia has posted on the school website:
Sep 4 at 9:00 AM
Sep 8 at 9:00 AM
Sep 11-Sep 18
Sep 12 at 8:00 AM
Sep 13 at 9:00 AM
Sep 22-Oct 6
For the last couple of years, I’ve been developing, maintaining and updating this blog for Allen Elementary School, hosted by the PTC, and in collaboration with Allen’s Administrative Staff. As I continue to bring you the latest news and updates, please feel free to leave me a comment on how I can make this site better serve you, the parent at Allen Elementary School. You can also let someone know at the school office or email me at “natalia [at] valerdi [dot] com.”
See you around,