This is a courtesy notice that there was a positive case of COVID-19 on our campus recently. Some important points:
- Please know that at this time, we believe that NONE of these COVID-19 cases caused any spread on our campus and that our safety measures in place are working.
- We also believe that NONE of these individuals contracted COVID-19 on our campus.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, including schools.
This is a courtesy notice that an individual on campus tested positive for COVID-19. If you/your child have been on campus recently, you are considered a NON-CLOSE contact. There is nothing you need to do at this time, but please read attached letter carefully.
Again, if you have not already been notified that you/your child is a close contact, at this time, you/your child are NOT considered a close contact with a person who recently tested positive for the virus.
Our school staff remains vigilant and continues to stress the importance of handwashing and hand sanitizing regularly (such as when entering the classroom, after using the bathroom). We also encourage all members of our school community (staff, students, and families) to physically distance when possible (such as at lunch time and recess). Our custodians will continue to clean and disinfect rooms as needed and will offer extra cleaning if there is a positive case in a space on campus.
All members of our school community are required to wear masks indoors and we celebrate mask wearing outside (though that is optional). Please note that we encourage all eligible persons to get vaccinated and that COVID-19 testing is available to staff and students should they need it.
Here is that testing information:
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center located at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, CA. 91910. This is for staff and students of our district only.
- Monday – Thursday from 8:00AM – 4:00PM. *Please note that walk ups stop at 3:40 pm.
- Friday from 11:00AM – 4:00 PM. *Please note that walk ups stop at 3:40 pm.
A newer county decision tree (dated 8/12/2021) and more COVID-19 information is available at our school blog at www.allenelementary.org.
Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.