Preparation for the 2021-2022 School Year
The Allen Elementary School staff is so excited for the 2021-2022 school year. As you know, ALL of our students are welcome back on campus! The first day of school is Wednesday, July 21st, and it will be a minimum day. Stay tuned for a welcome back video with times and procedures. You may have many questions regarding procedures when we come back. Please know that we are waiting on an update from the CDPH on Tuesday, July 13, regarding additional COVID safety requirements. As of July 12th, here is what we know:
- All staff and students will wear masks while indoors.
- Students may take off masks during lunch and recess.
- Students may take off masks during outside instruction or activities.
- As of now, visitors are not allowed on campus and volunteers will be very limited.
- You will receive notification regarding your child’s teacher by Monday, July 19th via email. Class lists will NOT be posted at the school office. Please note that kindergarten and new student registrations must be completed in order for a child to be placed on a class list.
As I receive more information, I will keep you updated. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we bring all of our Eagles back to our beautiful campus, safely.
A Look Ahead:
Monday, July 12, 2021
6:00 pm – PTC Meeting Online [Link]
6:00 pm – 79th District Virtual Back to School Forum [Link]
Join Assemblymember, Dr. Akilah Weber, for a virtual discussion with school district superintendents to hear detailed information about the plans for returning to in-person learning. Our very own superintendent, Dr. Escobedo will be on the panel. For more information call 619-531-7913 or click here.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 – 6 pm CVESD Board of Education Meeting [Link]
Thursday, July 15, 2021 – 6 pm CVESD Town Hall Meeting [Link]
Friday, July 16, 2021 – 8 am Virtual Coffee with Mr. Greenwell [Link]
Join Mr. Greenwell online for a 30 minute update on the upcoming school year! Click here to access this online meeting.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 – First Day of School for ALL students back on campus; Minimum Day schedule for all K-6 students