Update on the Hybrid Model
We are preparing the school for a possible return of some students to campus via the hybrid model.
We have asked for parent input regarding the preferred model of learning for each family. We have asked for this parent input, either via the survey in January 2021 or through phone calls home the last two weeks: Families could share a preference to keep their child in the Distance Learning model for the remainder of the school year or could share a preference to have their child attend school in person for 155 minutes a day, Monday through Thursday.
Students of families in this hybrid model will select a preference of either the morning shift from 8:50 am to 11:25 am or the afternoon shift from 12:35 pm to 3:10 pm, Monday through Thursday with Distance Learning on Fridays for students in the hybrid model.
Please note that parent input does not guarantee a spot in that preferred model. Please also note that all children, whether a family chooses to stay in Distance Learning or attend in person via the AM or PM shifts, may be assigned to a different teacher.
Please note that we will do our best to accommodate our families’ preferences, but that space and availability are limited. For example, a family who wants the morning shift may be assigned the afternoon shift or distance learning instead. While we have heard from about 85% of our families, we hope to hear from 100% of our families by this Friday, March 19th.
- If you need to change your preference, please do so before this Friday, March 19th by contacting the school office directly at (619) 479-3662.
- Although no start date for this model has been set, it is likely to occur sometime in April 2021.
- More information may be available at the CVESD Special Meeting of the Board of Education on Tuesday, March 16th at 5 pm. That meeting is accessible online via www.cvesd.org.
- See an example of the Hybrid/In-Person Cohort Schedule below.
Week at a Glance Reminders
A few friendly reminders for this week and the upcoming weeks before Spring Break:
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Weekly Meal Distribution and Curbside Library Checkout from 12 noon to 2 pm
- Meal distribution occurs every Tuesday from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm for all students. Pick up the 5 days worth of meals at the front of the school. Please follow all safety directives, such as wearing a mask or facial covering that covers both the mouth and nose. This free service is available for all families that attend a school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District.
- Today is also curbside library check out at Allen! Students may go to allenelementary.org and go to the “Student” section to find information on how to check out from the library. Books must be reserved online by Thursday evening in order to be ready for pick up on the following Tuesday. Be sure you have returned any outstanding library books to the school and that you’ve received confirmation by email before coming to school to pick up a book.
- Kindly speak to your child’s teacher or call the school office at (619) 479-3662 if you have any questions.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- CVESD BAC Meeting at 6 pm (St. Patrick’s Day)
Thursday, March 18 through Friday, March 26th – Parent & Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days)
Friday, March 19, 2021
- Live Event at 1 pm on Shoot and Score!
- We invite you to join the district’s next live weekly event this Friday, March 19 at 1 pm, Shoot & Score! , led by our teacher at the Health Station, Mr. Ramirez. In this session, students will have the opportunity to take on the role of a fitness trainer and learn about the important role they play in helping athletes become great hockey players. Then, they will build their own hockey stick and goal to test their very own hockey skills. Finally, they will be able to participate in a live Kahoot! game to show what they have learned.
- Once again, the event is designed to be for all ages and is open to the public. It will begin at 1 pm on Friday, March 19, 2021 and will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform, which is accessible through any web browser, regardless of whether or not someone has a district Microsoft account or the Microsoft Teams app.
- We look forward to seeing you there!
If you were able to join the last event, Every Drop Counts: Building a Water Dispenser with Mrs. Bystrak,we would appreciate it if you could share some pictures of your work. If you were not able to join us for our last event and would still like to check it out, a recording of it will be posted here on our YouTube channel later this week.
Monday, March 22, 2021 – CVESD B-LAC General Meeting at 6 pm [Click link here]
Monday, March 29 – Friday, April 2, 2021 – Spring Break (No classes online or in person)
Monday, April 5, 2021 – Students resume class (Minimum Day)
Friday, April 9, 2021 – Virtual Family First Friday at 8 am. [Click here to access this meeting]
Make it a great week Eagles!