Hello Allen Families and Staff!
A few friendly reminders for this week and the upcoming weeks before Spring Break:
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- CVESD DAC/DELAC from 12 noon to 2 pm [Click link here]
- Weekly Meal Distribution and Curbside Library Checkout from 12 noon to 2 pm
- Meal distribution occurs every Tuesday from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm for all students. Pick up the 5 days worth of meals at the front of the school. Please follow all safety directives, such as wearing a mask or facial covering that covers both the mouth and nose. This free service is available for all families that attend a school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District.
- Today is also curbside library check out at Allen! Students may go to allenelementary.org and go to the “Student” section to find information on how to check out from the library. Books must be reserved online by Thursday evening in order to be ready for pick up on the following Tuesday. Be sure you have returned any outstanding library books to the school and that you’ve received confirmation by email before coming to school to pick up a book.
- Kindly speak to your child’s teacher or call the school office at (619) 479-3662 if you have any questions.
- Parent Meeting at 6 pm: Helping Our Children Through Grief and Loss During COVID-19 at 6 pm.
- COVID-19 has created a lot of loss in our children’s lives. From the loss of loved ones to the loss of extra-curricular activities and routines. Join us at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 9, as we discuss how caregivers can play an important role in helping children cope. Click here for flyer with more information or simply click on this link to view at 6 p.m. Tuesday. No advance registration is required.
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Optional Voices of Change: Still We Rise Theater Performance at 3:30 pm [Register at http://bit.ly/VOCMarch10]
Friday, March 12, 2021
- Live Event at 1 pm on Building a Water Dispenser
- The next live weekly event, Every Drop Counts: Building a Water Dispenser, led by our teacher at the Hydro Station, Mrs. Bystrak. In this session, students will have the opportunity to take on the role of a water resource specialist and learn how important water is for all living things. Then they will design, build, and test their very own water dispenser. Finally, they will be able to participate in a live Kahoot! game to show what they have learned.
- Once again, the event is designed to be for all ages and is open to the public. It will begin at 1pm on Friday, March 5 and will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform, which is accessible through any web browser. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Link: http://bit.ly/hswaterdispenser
- If you were able to join us for our last event, Hydropower: Building a Water Wheel with Mrs. Hughes, we would appreciate it if you could share some pictures of your work. If they were not able to join us for our last event and would still like to check it out, a recording of it will be posted here on our YouTube channel later this week.
Sunday, March 14, 2021
- Daylight Savings Time Begins at 2 am
- Be sure to set your clocks an hour forward before going to bed on Saturday night.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- CVESD BAC Meeting at 6 pm (St. Patrick’s Day)
Thursday, March 18 through Friday, March 26th – Parent & Teacher Conferences — Minimum Days
Monday, March 22, 2021
- CVESD B-LAC General Meeting at 6 pm [Click link here]
Monday, March 29 – Friday, April 2, 2021 – Spring Break
Make it a great week, Allen Eagles!