Hello Allen Families and Staff! A few friendly reminders for this week and next week:
Friday, March 5, 2021
- Virtual Family First Friday at 8 am [Link here]
- Live Event at 1 pm on HydroPower
- The next live weekly event, HydroPower: Building a Water Wheel, led by our teacher at the Energy Station, Mrs. Hughes. In this session, students will have the opportunity to take on the role of a power plant operator as they design and build a water wheel that they will then test to see if it can lift a small load. Finally, they will be able to participate in a live Kahoot! game to show what they have learned.
- Once again, the event is designed to be for all ages and is open to the public. It will begin at 1pm on Friday, March 5 and will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform, which is accessible through any web browser. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Link: http://bit.ly/eswaterwheel
- If you were able to join us for our last event, Engineering a Mobile Device Speaker with Mr. Garcia, we would appreciate it if you could share some pictures of your work. If they were not able to join us for our last event and would still like to check it out, a recording of it will be posted here on our YouTube channel later this week.
Friday, March 5 – Variety Show permission forms due by the end of the day!
While there are many details that still need to be fine-tuned, STEP ONE is determining if your child is interested in sharing some talents with the greater school community! If so, the initial permission form is attached. It should be filled out, scanned and submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2021. Click the file below for the permission form.
Monday, March 8, 2021 – Allen Parent Meetings and Hero Squad Fundraiser begins
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) at 3 pm [Link to virtual meeting]
- School Site Council (SSC) at 3:30 pm [Link to virtual meeting] * Note that if you join early, you’ll be joining the ELAC meeting.
- Parent Teacher Club (PTC) at 6 pm [Link to virtual meeting]
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- CVESD DAC/DELAC from 12 noon to 2 pm [Click link here]
- Weekly Meal Distribution and Curbside Library Checkout from 12 noon to 2 pm
- Meal distribution occurs every Tuesday from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm for all students. Pick up the 5 days worth of meals at the front of the school. Please follow all safety directives, such as wearing a mask or facial covering that covers both the mouth and nose. This free service is available for all families that attend a school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District.
- Today is also curbside library check out at Allen! Students may go to allenelementary.org and go to the “Student” section to find information on how to check out from the library. Books must be reserved online by Thursday evening in order to be ready for pick up on the following Tuesday. Be sure you have returned any outstanding library books to the school and that you’ve received confirmation by email before coming to school to pick up a book.
- Kindly speak to your child’s teacher or call the school office at (619) 479-3662 if you have any questions.
- Parent Meeting at 6 pm: Helping Our Children Through Grief and Loss During COVID-19 at 6 pm…. Click the flyer below to access the meeting in Spanish and English
Make it a great week, Allen Eagles!