Hello Allen Families and Staff! A few friendly reminders for this week:
Tuesday, Feb. 23rd from 12 noon to 2 pm
- Meal distribution occurs every Tuesday from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm for all students. Pick up the 5 days worth of meals at the front of the school. Please follow all safety directives, such as wearing a mask or facial covering that covers both the mouth and nose. This free service is available for all families that attend a school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District.
- Today is also curbside library check out at Allen! Students may go to allenelementary.org and go to the “Student” section to find information on how to check out from the library. Books must be reserved online by Thursday evening in order to be ready for pick up on the following Tuesday. Be sure you have returned any outstanding library books to the school and that you’ve received confirmation by email before coming to school to pick up a book.
- Kindly speak to your child’s teacher or call the school office at (619) 479-3662 if you have any questions.
Tuesday, Feb. 23rd at 6 pm
- Social Emotional Learning Begins at Home: Join us for this online parent workshop (in Spanish and in English). Click here to access this meeting.
Thursday, Feb. 25th at 6 pm
- CVESD B-LAC (Black Learner Advisory Council) at 6 pm. [Click here to join this online meeting]
Friday, Feb. 26th at 1 pm
- Live Event: Engineering a Mobile Device Speaker
- We invite you and your children to join us for our next live weekly event, Engineering a Mobile Device Speaker, led by our district teacher at the Innovation Station, Mr. Garcia. In this session, students will have the opportunity to take on the role of a sound engineer as they learn the science behind sound and then design, create, and test a speaker, using household items. Finally, they will be able to participate in a live Kahoot! game to show what they have learned.
- Once again, the event is designed to be for all ages and is open to the public. It will begin at 1pm on Friday, Feb. 26th and will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform, which is accessible through any web browser. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Link: http://bit.ly/speakeris
- If you were able to join us for our last event, Fantastic Fish!with Mrs. Quirós, we would appreciate it if you could share some pictures of children engaged in that event. If you were not able to join us for our last event and would still like to check it out, a recording of it will be posted here on our YouTube channel later this week.
Make it a great week, Allen Eagles!