SciTech Free Enrichment Program for Girls
The Fleet Science Center is bringing its after school SciTech Program to our school! Spaces are limited to 30 female students in Grades 4-6. Students will be selected to engage in weekly hands-on science investigations on everything from solar car design to household chemistry. Through these virtual project-based learning workshops, students will make concrete connections to everyday life while developing creative thinking and problem-solving skills that they will use throughout their lives. Students that participate in SciTech will receive:
- Opportunities for science awareness
- Video content that introduces the challenge designed specifically for SciTech
- Provided materials ranging from craft supplies to science specialty items selected by our SciTech Educator
- Designated live virtual weekly meetings to share experiment results and ask questions
- Access to an interactive and social community to keep classmates, teacher, and SciTech Educator all connected and engaged outside of their weekly sessions
To participate, please email Ms. Farlow at email@example.com
This free Science Enrichment for Girls will be on Wednesdays, starting on November 16, from 2 – 3:00 pm (Please note the time change as of November 6, 2020). Families must make the commitment to attend each week. Sessions will be held online, virtually. All supplies required for students are included in this free program.
For more details:
Drive-Thru Donation Events Resume this Saturday for Food, Toy Drive
The Chula Vista Welfare Council, Chula Vista Community Collaborative and the Chula Vista Police Activities League have teamed up for a series of “Drive-Thru Donation” events to help provide resources for families in need in our District over the holidays. Students and staff at District schools as well as employees at the Education Services and Support Center annually collect canned food for the welfare council and toys for the activities league. Usually, the drives get started in late October. However, with District schools still closed due to COVID-19, the organizations launched drive-thru donation opportunities starting October 24 to help address food insecurity in our community while also bringing some holiday cheer to families in need.
The next event is this Saturday at Loma Verde Elementary.
What: A drive-thru donation opportunity, where families can bring a bag of canned food/new toys to donate.
When: The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, November 7, 2020.
Where: Loma Verde Elementary School, located at 1450 Loma Lane, Chula Vista.
Why: The Chula Vista Welfare Council has its roots with the work of Anne and William Hedenkamp. For nearly 50 years, Mr. and Mrs. Hedenkamp volunteered to ensure that needy children in Chula Vista received food, shoes, and other necessary items to keep them healthy and in school.
Distribution of food and toys is for needy families from throughout the District, and will occur before the Winter holiday break. Our partners collect food and toys and provide it to families with children ages 0-18 who live and attend school in Chula Vista, and who face food insecurity while schools are on break. Especially the long winter break! Last year, between our four agencies, we served over 1,300 children!
See the flyer below for more details.
Allen School Spirit Gear
Show your Allen School spirit by buying a t-shirt, fleece, or sweatshirt! Click download below to purchase your Allen t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, and fleece jackets! All orders must be placed online and paid for in advance before November 6, 2020. Families will be notified by phone and email when items arrive in the school office. Please ensure that the school office has your correct phone number and email address on file.
School Photography Day – Nov. 10
Curbside Picture Day is coming for all Allen and Daly students! We want to make this as safe, fun, comfortable, and convenient as possible. Please follow the mapping guidelines and schedule to ensure the flow on picture day. Please also follow all safety guidelines such as maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet and wearing a facial covering or mask.
Picture Day Schedule
- 11:30 am – all Daly Academy students
- 11:40 am – Ms. Davies’ Kindergarten class
- 12 noon – Ms. Gurule’s Kindergarten class
- 12:20 pm – Ms. Blum’s 1st grade class
- 12:40 pm – Ms. Landay’s 1/2 combo class
- 1 pm – Ms. Sinong’s 1st grade class
- 1:20 pm – Mr. B’s 2nd grade class
- 1:35 pm – Mrs. Burnham’s 2nd grade class
- 1:55 pm – Ms. Farlow’s 3rd grade class
- 2:10 pm – Ms. Kriss’ 3rd grade class
- 2:25 pm – Ms. Michel’s 4th grade class
- 2:40 pm – Ms. Rechif’s 4/5 combo class
- 2:45 pm – Ms. Acosta’s 5th grade class
- 3:00 pm – Ms. Schultze’s 5th grade class
- 3:15 pm – Ms. Linderman’s 6th grade class
- 3:30 pm – Mr. Manaig’s 6th grade class
- 3:45 pm – Last call! Photographers start cleaning up.
Some helpful reminders:
- Families with children in multiple grades may come at any of the above time slots. Staff may also take photos at any time slot listed above.
- A few PTC parents will be assisting Chalkboard Photography as all of this will occur outside of school fences, following district and county guidelines.
- Teachers may need to adjust schedules for that day to accommodate for Curbside Picture Day (i.e., Students may have more asynchronous time to meet instructional minutes).
- Families may purchase “Advance Pay” credits and receive FREE shipping w/ tracking on orders. Plus, all orders come with a Digital Life Safety Cards. Click here for Advance Pay: https://galleries.photoday.io/gallery/AllenDaly2020/8fcf4a4e-7af4-41e6-9318-10a7be03d653/advance-pay.